School Advisory Council (SAC)
The School Advisory Council (SAC) meets each month with the Principal and SAC Chair. All parents and community members are invited to attend our meetings at 3:00 at the Debary Elementary media center on the dates listed below. If you are interested in becoming a member of our SAC this school year, please contact Pam Bordas, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Debary Elementary SAC Meeting Dates 2023-2024 School Year
September 14th, 2023
October 12th, 2023
November 9th , 2023
December 14th , 2023
January 11th , 2024
February 8th, 2024
March 14th , 2024
April 11th , 2024
May 9th , 2024
Attendance at SAC meetings is extremely important. Two unexcused absences results in removal from SAC membership
What is SAC?
By law, every school in Florida must have a School Advisory Council (SAC). This council consists of teachers, support personnel, parents, and community members. Fifty-one percent (51%) of the council must not be employed by the school. The School Advisory Council:
- assists in the preparation and evaluation of the School Improvement Plan
- assists in the preparation of the annual school budget
- decides how funds for school improvement will be spent
- assists in prioritizing the needs of the school
- assists in developing strategies to improve the areas of need
- adheres to the Sunshine Law
The people on this list represent the diverse ethnic, racial, and economic community served by this school. At least fifty-one percent (51%) of the SAC are parents and community members not employed at this school. At least one member represents support personnel who are employed at this school site.
- Pam Bordas, Teacher/Chairman
- Nicole Strocchia, Teacher
- Jenn Barber, Support Staff
- Susan Booth, Parent
- Vanecia Cassidy, Parent
- Iam Holm, Parent/Business Partner
- Danielle Hodges, Parent
- Stephanie Philyaw, Parent
- Nicole Pliaconis, Parent
- Alfred Ruiz, Parent
- Sara Scott, Parent
- Brittany Schmidgall, Parent
- Katelyn Tetreault, Parent
- Kyle Tetreault, Parent/Business Partner
- Stacy Gotlib, Principal
- Ken Dietzel, Business Partner
- Delaney Lehman, Business Partner
- Deb Antonio, Community Member
- Sarah Kelley, Parent
- Work with parents, staff, administrators and other community representatives to assist in development of a School Improvement Plan to improve the performance of ALL students.
- Participate regularly in School Advisory Council (SAC) meetings.
- Participate in activities and training related to learning about the school improvement process.
- Serve as a communication link between the SAC, the community and the school.
- Participate in efforts to encourage support for the goals of the school.